It's Probably Not Child Labor If It's Voluntary, Right?



What's this, you ask? Oh, not much. Just my usual excellence in parenting.

See, this is my most recent discovery. It's a beautiful way to occupy Sterling while Bennett finishes eating. 

Usually, she sits in her chair and whines incessantly until I let her down. 

I used to force her to sit there until all three of us were finished, which was punishment for ALL of us. 

Now, I give her the "super special big kid awesome clean up broom" and she commences to "cleanin". 

Hey man, when you're trying to sell a kid on the fun of cleaning, you need a flashy name to grab their attention. 

So far, her sweeping skills aren't stellar yet, but I think with some dedicated practice, we will get there. 

And I'm happy to let her practice for as long as it takes.

I'm about 90% certain it's not child labor if they do it voluntarily. OK, maybe it's more like 73%, but at least my floors are clean...

Thanks for reading! Did this make you snort out loud and now you want more Mayhem? 

Then please like us on Facebook for Mayhem throughout the day! 

And tell your friends about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment