The New Casa de Hickman!


Yeah, I know, I know. I'm sure it's tacky as hell to share photos of my new house.

But I have had enough requests for photos that if anyone judges me, screw em!

Because if you have read this, or this, or this, you know what a long, crazy trek this has been.

I looked at the first house in this long, crazy journey way back in early February, and went on a weekly shopping excursion almost every week for about 5 1/2 months. Do you have any idea what that kind of house shopping feels like???

Purgatory. Plain and simple. But like purgatory that you have to drive 4 hours round trip to get to. And although I love our agents and thoroughly enjoyed their company, by the end I was sick to death of looking at houses with them. Drinking with them? Sure! House shopping? Only of we drink first. Or during.

Which is why... drum roll... we are closed earlier today on a house!!!! We won't actually move in until mid September, but it's OFFICIAL official.

I will admit, buying and then not moving into a house feels a bit anticlimactic. It's like buying a car and then waiting a month to drive it off the lot.

In the meantime, I will just have to content myself with looking at the photos and rearranging

So without further ado, here are a few quick shots of the new Hickman abode!





2 comments:

  1. Ok I need to move out that way there are some beautiful houses it looks like.
    Megan Adams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The DC metro is AMAZING!!! I love it here, and have gotten a couple of people to move so far ;-)

      Delete