Bite Of The Monkey

My kids have been biting the ever loving crap out of anything they can get their mouths on lately. And I do mean anything, nothing is sacred.

Each other? Absolutely.

Themselves? Oddly, yes.

Me? Oh, come on now. Is that even a question???

All I can figure is that they are SUPER excited about The Walking Dead premiere, and are practicing to be extras on the set. Or they are sadistic little monkeys.

Either one.

The good news is that I won't need to pay for dental impressions should they ever need orthodontics. The orthodontist can just take a gander at my arm. Or hand. Or boob (yep, wont make the mistake of snuggling Bennett close any time in the near future). And yes, I know that orthodontics wont be done until they get their adult teeth, but I'm seriously starting to doubt we will be done celebrating this "phase"  yet at that point.

I'm toying with the idea of either bathing in that Bitter Apple chew stop stuff they make for dogs, or investing in miniature Hannibal Lector-style muzzles for them.

Anyway, the other day I put a sarcastic comment on FaceBook along the lines of "I know Bennett is teething and all, but I wish it was socially acceptable for me to bite him back after he bites me..."

The interesting part was the number of people who responded back either "pro bite", "had been bitten by an adult", or "bit their own kids".

Which just reinforced that I have awesome friends ;-)



Exhibit A: Sterling's hand... which she bit herself.


Exhibit B: My fingernail, which made the mistake of getting too close to Bennett's chomp-happy little mouth.


Exhibit C: My hand, after Sterling got hold of me. Proof that she just might be *part* vampire. Or zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment