My Girl Is An AWESOME Sharer...



The other day, my girl made me incredibly proud. And by "incredibly proud", I mean "cringe in mortification". 

We were at an open play day at a local spot and I was happily chatting with a few moms I'd just met. 

A little boy with a large birthmark on his face arrived.  

Sterling immediately started peppering me with questions about what was on his face, how it got there, and why.

I did my best to quietly explain that it was a birthmark and that he was born with it.

She pushed for a better explanation, asking whether it hurt, and I remembered the birthmark she has high up inside one thigh. 

I said "His birthmark is just like your birthmark. His is just on his face."

She thought about it for a few moments, and then asked "So I can see it?"

"Yep, his is on his face so you can see it."

She sat thoughtfully for a few moments, and then that explanation seemed to suit her.

About 20 minutes later, I look over and she was standing in the middle of the gym with her dress hiked up and her leggings and underwear pulled down, pointing at her crotch area.

A crowd of little observers was clustered around her. 

I did the Momma Shuffle Of Mortification over to her, and hissed under my breath "What are you doing?"

"It okay Momma, I showing them my birthmark!" she probably proclaimed. 

Oh. Cool then. THAT makes this totally acceptable. Totally...


Thanks for reading! Did this make you snort out loud and now you want more Mayhem? 

Then please like us on Facebook for constant Mayhem throughout the day! 

And tell your friends about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment