Shitty, Shitty Friday

Holy. Sweet. Hell.

Ever have fun at those days where it just doesn't pay to get out of bed?

Because I am having one of those today.

First, it was my day to co-op at Sterling's preschool. Which means we had to get up extra early and get on the road so that I could help wrangle a class of 2 1/2 year olds.

They are cute, but all that energy is EXHAUSTING.

And the weather happens to be FRIGID and snowing so taking them out to play was an extra treat.

Anyway, I was all set to come home, put the monkeys down for nap, and kick back for a few hours with some hot chocolate while I thawed.

Unfortunately, I hadn't cleared that plan with my two man wrecking crew. What you are looking at below is the death of Momma's relaxing afternoon.

Wanna guess what it is?

That would be Bennett's poop. Which Sterling helpfully smeared all over the carpet.

Yep.

I was trying to wrangle Bennett into his pajamas for nap time and had changed a poopy diaper, which I left it on the coffee table for all of threefrigginseconds while I made his bottle. 

When I came back with Bennett's bottle, I discovered brown streaks all over the carpet. It's not my first time at this rodeo, so I knew exactly what it was the second I saw it.

For some odd reason she decided to push the diaper to the trash using her foot. Which meant that it periodically oozed crap all over the place. And I do mean all over the place.

My guess is that she was trying to be "helpful". Or drive me insane, either one.

But I am giving her the benefit of the doubt because otherwise I would be packing her little hiney up and dropping her off at the SPCA.

When I started cleaning, it took me over an hour to get all that shit cleaned up.

Yep.

Momma deserves wine tonight. Or bacon. Or wine and bacon. And chocolate. And a foot rub.









No comments:

Post a Comment